Friday, June 16, 2006

Refinement

Got my 160* 'stat today and SVO's
Also playing about with Base Spark and High Octane tables. I think Im getting a little jerkyness due to low throttle positions swapping between both tables. Especially when hardly touching throttle. I have made both tables a little closer in value to see how that goes. Its possible its DFCO messing with things too, though often the RPM value appears below the DFCO enable point.

So a long trip tomorrow, then sunday, thermostat installation day. I think Ill take the spark plugs out too and clear off the corners as recommended by Vizard. Im hoping to be able to push spark up by around 10% across the board. We will see. I have 21 at WOT and 19.5 at Peak Torque which is very similar to my stock tune, so I guess thats not too bad. KR is almost non existent. As I think I mentioned earlier these heads will need less timing anyway. So maybe 22-24 deg is optimal.

I need to sort out the exhaust gaskets as Im getting some cat bypass pipes done up and they need the gasket to make the flanges up. I think Ill go 2.5->3.5->2.5 so that the 3.5 section acts as a resonator and terminates the collector length. Otherwise it will be 2.5 from the headers way back to the current resonators, which from my reading appears too far. Though Ill have to measure up to be sure.

So the current series of mods is coming to an end. Soon it will be time to go and see whats up on the Dyno.

No comments: