Sunday, March 11, 2007

All is quiet..

The car is getting the new parts fitted. Including the LS7 clutch, larger diameter primary headers in a 4 into 1 configuration, plus some general messing about with suspension and brakes.

On completion I will have everything fitted to suit the setup. Well maybe better mufflers would be good, but things should pretty well be in balance. Much better to have done it over time, than all at once. It would have been a bank breaking exercise.

I read a collegue in Oz with similar setup recently replaced his 1-5/8 header setup for a 1-3/4 set and gained around 4% airflow, so if I can do the same as that Ill be well pleased and should be well on the way to 1.0g/cyl of air and at or over 400rwhp. If I can match or exceed 405rwhp I would have beaten a stock LS7 C6. I was 55rwhp off that pre fast90 and dyno tune. So I dont think its too far out of reach. All the numbers were from the same dyno to hopefully make comparing apples to apples, though day to day variation may account for a bit.

More updates once I get the car back.

No comments: