Thursday, June 25, 2009

Dyno Day (Part 3)

Finally after a good few months of tuning and an initial untuned 452rwhp dyno Ive arrived at the target. 500rwhp.

There was 96kpa of pressure at WOT and I was running 95 octane.
Im hoping to touch 520rwhp with some more airflow and 98 octane. There should be 3 or 4kpa more pressure to be found somewhere.

Next step is to port the throttlebody and check for restriction at full throttle. I will also move onto 97 octane fuel and retune.

Finally some more minor alterations for cold start and the tune will be complete. I hope to put away all my modification tools and just drive the car.

There are no future plans at this stage, although some thoughts around larger camshafts and possibly a migration of engines between an LS2 or LS3 C6 exists in the back of my mind. But that will have to wait for an economic turn around.

No comments: