Friday, November 23, 2007

Sold! and treachery

Well the R8 is sold. Its always the way, come to the end of a project and its time to start another one. Im not sure why that is. I think I wanted something with a newer setup.
Anyway the bloke who bought it loves it, so thats good. I was going to buy a Jaguar XJR but after driving one decided it could not happen. A new E Series HSV was my destiny!

Prices in the UK are still too high and Ill let Mr Depreciation work his wonders. Until then a replacement needed to be found. Unfortunately in the UK large RWD Sedans are hard to come by unless you like Merc's and BMW's with mega miles on them. I did some trawling around and found a 68,000km Fairmont EL and a 90,000km Falcon Forte AU, both Aussie imports. The Fairmont was £1000 and the Forte £2000. I would have preferred the AU with its more modern equipment and styling, but chose the cheaper option. Mainly because my ebay bid won!


A nice 0550AM start and 12 hours later after a train from London to Scotland I was back in London. The car runs well aside from needing wheel balancing and a couple of rust bubbles dealt with. I will be driving it to Spain and back from London, so hopefully all will be well. Yes I know its a Ford :)

Hopefully my next post will be to show off my new VE HSV R8 aka VXR8 Vauxhall. An almost immediate upgrade with a 427 is planned. Hopefully the old LS2 will fetch enough to pay for the new engine. Fingers crossed.

No comments: