Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Stage one complete

I decided that my tune was close enough to warrant a trip to the dyno to check WOT fueling, timing and power.

The guy was very helpful and didnt mind me digging my laptop out and hooking myself up. On his advise Im now at 12.5:1 at max torque, which gained me 3bhp and 2ft/lb over my tune.

I basically overloaded their dyno as you can see my power run is cut short. I will try somewhere with a beefier dyno next time. I think I can make up more power with my LS6 intake and a new otrcai (Over the Radiator Cold Air Intake), plus run some high 98 octane fuel. Im also running cats still. Anyway peak power is normally aroung 5500rpm my run was cut short under 5200rpm so I wont know till the next time where we are at. Indicated flywheel power is 362bhp with 364ft/lb this is because the dyno measures trans loss on the overrun, apparently pretty accurate.

So I think for now Ive got things about as good as Im going to get them unless I retune for 98 octane. I think Ill just leave things be until March when the cam, intake and injectors all get changed then retune for 98 octane too. Im hoping for at least another 50-75bhp. Apparently the LS6 intake is worth 20bhp itself, plus maybe 10 for the fuel and 40-50 for the cam. We will see.

Injector duty was at 92% on the dyno so the new injectors will be required.

Tordne seemed impressed enough to request my tune and go looking for an HSV285KW base tune too. I had based my timing on the HSV table and found it very good. This was the last HSV LS1 engine before they went to the LS2 so I think its got a lot of good things in it to make good power. Basically 65KW over the original 220KW LS1 engines from 1999, which is a 30% increase!

Here is the cut off table with my tune overlayed on the tune as recommended by the dyno dude. (Just change fuel from 12.6:1 to 12.5:1 at max torque)


So thats it for now. No more updates till I get some 0-60 or 1/4 mile times... or I get my extra goodies on.

No comments: